|Name:||Republic of Singapore (Republik Singapura)|
|Hair Color:||Brown and White|
|First Appearance (volume):||Hetalia World✰Stars Volume 5|
|First Appearance (strip):||Hetalia World✰Stars - Chapter 371|
|First Appearance (anime):||N/A|
Singapore (シンガポール Shingapōru) is a supporting character in the series Hetalia World✰Stars.
Singapore has maroon/dark brown hair with a white streak at the front of his fringe and has a small build. He wears a police uniform with a necktie, as well as a beret. He also has violet eyes which might be a reference to his national flower, the Vanda Miss Joaquim (Hybrid Orchid).
Like the other ASEAN nations, he has also been seen wearing more casual clothes such as t-shirts and sandals. During his commercial modelling, he wears fashionable outfits such as turtleneck sweaters, waiter suits and beach outfits like shorts and jackets.
Personality and Interests
Singapore is described as a nation with different cultures in each area due to his history as a port.
He is thought of as a fashionable person who loves to clean up but in reality he has a messy room.
He is unexpectedly strong minded. In a world survey, other nations saw him as gentle and polite, with a beautiful smile while Malaysia was curious about his personality towards other nations since he bares his teeth towards him.
Singapore is a genius nation who is good at creating sight-seeing attractions and is a gourmet who makes stylish dishes which showcases all the diverse cultures of Singapore. He himself declares that he may be small but his tastes are the size of the world. Singapore also owns cute merchandises such as Merlion plushies and notably owns a pair of pineapple tart glasses.
Since Singapore is a "fine" country, he will either fine you for breaking illegal laws or fine being safe in Singapore.
Singapore first appears in Chapter 371 of Hetalia: World Stars as an unnamed nation at the ASEAN meeting.
In his introduction chapter, chapter 374, Singapore is responsible for providing food at the ASEAN meeting.
- Main article: Malaysia
Singapore lived in the same house as Malaysia, and Malaysia considers himself Singapore's big brother. However, Singapore does not want to call Malaysia 'big brother', he will pretend that Malaysia had mistaken him for another country when Malaysia refers to him as 'brother', as well as wear pineapple tart glasses to avoid being able to see a list of names (which contains 'big brother' in various languages) that Malaysia wants him to call him.
Singapore and Malaysia get quite heated up over their water bill, and he does not treat Malaysia that well as a result.
- Singapore's first appearance was in an artwork featuring him with Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines posted on Hidekaz Himaruya's twitter.
- Although Singapore debuted in chapter 371 of Hetalia World Stars, his identity was unknown until chapter 374.
- Singapore's refusal to call Malaysia big brother despite Malaysia shows a signboard of big brother in different languages especially "abang". Abang could also be meaning as darling for husband besides big brother.
- Besides being a nation, Singapore also involves in his country business commercials as a model.
- Singapore is one of the characters that Himaruya has created was either scrapt or draft a long time ago around 2008. Singapore was supposed to be intially released that time but Himaruya might have change a lot of his designs together with Malaysia's old design that was supposed to look like Singapore.