|Name:||Kingdom Of Norway (Kongeriket Norge)|
|Human Name:||Lukas Bondevik|
|Eye Color:||Indigo (World Series), Violet (Beautiful World)|
|First Appearance (volume):||Volume 3|
|First Appearance (strip):||To Create Better Products In Northern Europe|
|First Appearance (anime):||Episode 79|
|Japanese VA:||Masami Iwasaki|
|English VA:||Alex Organ|
Norway (ノルウェー , Norūē) is a supporting character in the series Hetalia: Axis Powers.
Main article: Uniform Guide: Norway
Norway has short, light blond hair and dull indigo eyes. He wears a brown belted, navy blue sailor top with a light blue collar, tie, and cuffs, with matching pants and sailor hat. He sports a Nordic Cross barrette in his hair, and has a detached hair-curl that floats independently beside his head (which often has a dot that floats independently beside it).
Of the five Nordics, he is the third tallest. He speaks in a Tsugaru dialect.
Personality and Interests
Norway is a mysterious man of few words and expressions, and is reclusive from the everyday world. He is often shown to have a troll or fairy with him, and has the ability to see and interact with various supernatural creatures. For this reason some fans think that he and England might possibly get along well.
- Main article: Denmark
They have known each other since childhood, but while Denmark considers the two of them to be very close and believes that Norway feels the same way he does, he is unaware of Norway's teasing.
- Main article: Iceland
Norway feels strongly for Iceland, who he sees as a younger brother to him and as being very important. In return, it is said that Iceland considers Norway to be the home where his heart truly is. It was later revealed that Norway and Iceland are indeed "biological" brothers due to Iceland having been discovered by Norwegians, though Iceland became irritated at Norway's insistence to refer to him as a big brother ("onii-chan").
Norway and England had a long history. When Norway was still a viking, he invaded the British Isles. They both have a strong belief in magic, and every year, Norway sends England a Christmas Tree as a token of thanks for being his ally.
In The Anime
Norway made his anime debut in Episode 79, which adapts To Create Better Products in Northern Europe. He appears only to observe that while the dolls Finland and Sweden made were fine, the salesman (Denmark) was too loud and annoying. He is voiced by Masami Iwasaki.
His appearance remains largely unchanged, though one scanned official anime picture featuring the Nordic 5 (in their uniforms) Shown that the necktie of his sailor top had a slight extension to it.
Always With You... Nordic Five! (featured)
- It was rumored that Norway would appear in the first season of the Hetalia anime, and that he would be voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. But the news "announcement," which also claimed that Denmark and Iceland would appear, turned out to be a hoax. Despite this, some websites still circulate the false seiyū information. Norway is now officially played by Masami Iwasaki in the second season (and fourth season overall) of Hetalia: World Series.
- Norway celebrates the day between his birthday and Iceland's birthday.
- Norway's floating curl is meant to represent the fjords off the Norwegian coast. Some fans speculate that the curl represents a group of islands, Svalbard, with the dot being the smaller island of Jan Mayen.
- In a recent blog post, Himaruya has stated possible names for Norway, including Lukas Bondevik, Børre Thomassen, Bjørn, Kjetil, Knute, and Sigurd. Bondevik and Thomassen seem to be his potential surnames.
- Norway's Nordic Cross hairclip is actually a mobile phone.